I’ve come across quite a few more badly articles lately attempting to explain “how to write effectively for your blog”.
Sébastien Billard stands out a bit by offering the translation of a very good text by Dave Nolan who explains in 7 points how to make an argument more effective in writing .
- Turn “we” into “you”:
Allow the reader to make the text their own.
- Turn characteristics into benefits:
The reader must find an interest in what you offer them.
- Change the negative to positive.
- Replace the passive with the active:
The active voice is generally more dynamic.
- Transform the timeless into an emergency:
It is about training the reader in the rhythm that you will give him.
- Change the general to specific:
The concrete is always preferred to ideas, however good they may be.
- Replace unnecessary verbalizations:
Be clear, simple, to the point and concise.
The translation can be found at Sébastien Billard.